16 June 2013

Welcome to My Travel Bites!

Me and my travel companion.
It all started out when I visited my mom’s hometown in Palawan back in 2008, while enjoying the cruise ship ride, it was a jaw-dropping experience to have seen the beauty of the seascape which is surrounded by huge natural rock formations as the ship approaches Coron seaport.  Equipped with a BenQ point and shoot camera on shooting those magnificent views, it was quite remarkable for me.

I wasn’t a fan of travelling and photography because it’s only for those who can afford it, until I realized that it doesn’t actually require a huge amount of budget to enjoy the pleasures of travelling. Photography is just an option for me since I’ve no interest up to the time I learned to appreciate looking at travel photos and became curious how professionals are doing it.

I’ve had few local travels in the Philippines earlier that year (2008), but I didn’t pay attention to documenting the journey while enjoying the travel all at the same time – the food, the people, the places, and so much things it caters a traveler’s interests.

That particular event had inspire me when I’ve seen digital still products of those images I have captured in Palawan and comparing it to the shots of photo professionals in some magazines, I was examining the details, the effects, the resolution of the photos and then my thoughts went inquisitive.

Since then, I have panted for possibilities and travel opportunities here and there. Later that year, I had my very first SLR camera, thought it was like any other point and shoot cameras out there but it’s something more than a camera. Believe me, I have no idea what’s in a box of that Nikon D60 package.

In 2009, I attended photography seminars and workshops, this helped me a lot to utilize fully my equipment, I have embraced the photography on a broader aspect as I begin appreciating it. Having that knowledge I gained from attending those courses, I dig more on reading online photography materials, worshiping photography professionals, and trying to apply the skills I got. I am happy to knowing that I was able to acquire the results I wanted until it unleashed the natural talent I have in photography, and it became my ultimate hobby.

To date, I could say that I am good enough at taking photos of different subjects, of different occasions, of different angles in various approaches. I began to love the pleasures and pressures of travelling when armed with an SLR camera.

As a protagonist of my passion, my friend (Jovelyn Bajo) and I have decided to construct this blog site to share some bites and pieces of the world I have travelled and to showcase my admiration on photography and on writing as well. But the main reason is to bring forth the beauties of the world to the eyes of my readers.

6 comments:

  1. I read every single lines of this amazing story..it really inspire me a lot... hope you've continued your passion coz it's a natural gift given by you... I salute your talent my dear brother.. keep up and be well....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Bro Vince Medino, people like you gives me the drive to do better in doing the things that I love most. Your care and support is truly appreciated. :) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Bro :) lalo mo lng aq pinahanga sa sa galing mo magsulat at sa talent mo...sana balang araw Bro buhay q nmn isulat mo hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bro Philip Malabat, mejo kinakalawang na nga ako sa pagsusulat.. pero cguro pag nagtuloy-tuloy p ito mare-refresh n ang utak ko, na-stuck n ako s English-Arabo yun tipong hindi n kailangan ng maayos n grammar.. hahaha.. anyway, maraming salamat sa suporta bro, wag k mag-alala isusulat nten yan buhay mu sayang din yan pang-entry s MMK.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this weird feeling in leaving my comments here. Yung ako ang nagpukpok sa iyong gawin ito, yung ako din ang nagconceptualize ng blog na ito at gisingin ka sa katotohanang kailangan mo na ngang gawin ito. Ang lahat ng brain cells ko hindi nasayang, maraming salamat sa pagiging masunuring kaibigan. Hahaha

    Thinking na kami ang simula ng potograpiyang ito eh mas lamang na lamang ka pa sa gamit kaysa sa amin kaya alam na alam kong may potensyal ka naman. Kung bakit nagpalit ka ng brand eh hindi tuloy ako makahiram ng lente sa iyo. ;)

    Congratulations to this new pursuit and looking forward to more adventures. Ituring mo itong baby mo. Ang talent ay dapat na hinahasa, hindi laging nakatago. VerJube is so proud of you! For the love of passion! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VerJube Photographics, parekoy lubos akong nagpapasalamat sayo sa pagpilit at pag-encourage saken na simulan ko ang project na ito, dahil bukod sa tinatamad na ako ay wala talaga akong time. Pero ginising mu pa din ang diwa ko with your pompous word of advice.

      Hindi nman lingid sa ating kaalaman na malaki tlaga ang impluwensya nyo sa photography sa akin dahil kayo ang humimok sa akin upang pagtuuan ko sya ng pansin. Ang pagpapalit ko ng brand ay ayon talaga sa aking kagustuhan at sa mga inspirasyong tinularan ko. :D

      Muli, maraming salamat sa patuloy na pagtulong at paggabay sa akin, don't worry unti-unti ko din itong magagamay, with all the instruments that I have, siguradong mahahasa ko pa ito lalo. For the LOVE of PASSION, aja! ;)

      Delete