15 September 2013

SnapBite: Herd of Camels


Herd of Camels
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
14 Nov 2010

I always wanted to see a camel closely but I haven’t had the chance until we visited the Red Sand in Thumama Area, Riyadh.  When I spotted this group of camels, I didn’t miss the opportunity to take some photos. Whilst still frightened on unpredicted animal behavior, I kept my distance but somehow closer while hiding on my post and watch them edging in.

While at the top of my excitement, one camel had seen me hiding on the plants, I thought it was going to attack me when it headed to my direction but its herder swagged it off smiling and the camel went back to the group.

I just imagined that camels played a huge part on Arabs’ lives during old times, camels served as transport of goods and people from desert to desert to the peak of the sun and scouring sandstorms.

No comments:

Post a Comment